Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 5, 2012

Native American Pride: Taylor Lautner

Taylor Lautner
Native Pride, Native American

credit: Google
EDIT: I realize some folks don’t consider him a Native actor. That’s fine, but I decided to include Lautner, as well as some others, because while they might not be full-blooded Native actors, per se, Native American is part of their blood, and they still deserve to represent that part of themselves if they choose, I think (not in a fetishistic way, of course, but if they really want to explore that side of themselves, I don’t think there should be a “Native enough” argument going on. I say this as a person who has distant Native relations in my family tree and as a person who has often been in a “Black enough” argument do to how I act and conduct myself.)
Occupation: Actor/voice actor/model
Seen in: Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D, the Twilight films, Valentine’s Day,
Tribe: distant relations on his mother’s side to the Ottawa and Potawatomi tribes (Lautner is also German, French, and Dutch)
Hobbies/other talents: Martial arts
Trivia: As of last year, Lautner is considered the highest-paid teenage actor in Hollywood
Quotes: (When talking about his favorite line in Twilight“It’s not in the first book, but the quote I love the most is Jacob’s quote, ‘Does my half being naked bother you?’ That quote just cracks me up. Because you know, that’s when he’s shirtless, not wearing a top – we’ll have to wait to see what he looks like.”
(On his acting career): “When I was in school, there was a lot of bullying going on…people making fun of what I do…I just had to tell myself I can’t let this get to me. This is what I love to do. And I’m going to continue doing it.”

American Indian, Jewelry, Dream Catcher, Earrings
American Indian Jewelry, White Dream Catcher Earring
Price: $15.50

No comments: