Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Native American Jewelry Lovers and Readers

The one thing I love as much as Native American Jewelry and Dream Catchers is reading a good book and I just finished Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. What a beautiful love story, between Katie and Jesus. The book was inspirational and encouraging and made me cry, I do not read many books that have such a profound effect besides, of course, The Bible.
The next book I want to read is another piece of non-fiction titled In the Light of Justice: The Rise of Human Rights in Native America and the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.  The book offers steps that societies must take to provide a more just society and heal past injustices committed against indigenous peoples.  This book is written by former Native American Rights Fund staff Walter R Echo-Hawk. Walter previously published In the Courts of the Conqueror: The 10 Worst Indian Law Cases Ever Decided and Battlefields and Burial Grounds.
As a supporter of Native American Art and Culture I like to stay informed on the legal and national side of Native American news and issues. I am just a small businesswomen but I see
reflected in the beautiful works of wearable art on DoubleDeeDeals.com, generations of suppression that these incredibly talented artisans have endured. I see their hearts poured into the colorful craftsmanship I enjoy so much. I pray for healing, encouragement and an embracing of this beautiful culture in and among all Americans.
I am not a powerful politician, a mover or a shaker. I am just a lover of Native American Jewelry, Native American Art and Native American Culture. I just try to put my money where my mouth is, to help preserve what I hold dear and with God's help I hope to shine a small light on this incredibly valuable artistic and cultural community. Are these pieces not gorgeous examples of wearable Art!

No comments: